We each have our own music that we like to dance to, for many different reasons. In this series of blog articles, I asked each of the team to put together a selection of songs they love to dance to, and tell me a little bit about why they chose them.
I chose these songs and artists not just because I love the songs, but also because it’s easy for me to find the beat. It’s also easy for my members to learn how to find the rhythm in these songs.
I love music, it gives me joy and an out-of-this-world feeling.
Please feel free to listen, and chat we me about the songs you like.
- Better Together – jack johnson
- Nervous – Shawn
- She’s a Lady – Tom Jones
- Where Did My Baby Go – John Legend
These songs are good for weddings and couples. They have a really good rumba beat which I find easy to identify. They’re also all upbeat modern songs.
I also like Tom Jones.
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE
- 24k Magic – Bruno Mars
- Sol Y Sombre – Cat Empire
- Tea for Two – The Cha Cha version – Enzo Squillino
Everything in Cha Cha is upbeat. Tea for Two is a ‘classic’ cha cha song – It inspires me and reminds me of a hotel lobby or foyer!
- Te Vas – Grupo Extra
- Promise- Usher, Romeo Santos
I like the beat of these songs, because it’s easy to hear and I don’t find them annoying either.
- La Mordidita – Ricky Martin
- She bangs – Rocky Martin
These are two most common modern merengue sonogs, and they’re always ‘in’ – no matter what party you’re at people will dance to these songs.
- Vivid mi vida – Marc Anthony
- Taki Taki – DJ Snake & others
- Can’t Buy Me Love – The Beatles
- Fishies – Cat Empire
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- I’m Still Standing – Elton John
These are a mix of eras and artists. These are happy songs (CBML and ISS are always used in show dances (like a Showcase or Performance) back in the Philippines). Fishies is a great song to challenge people for a fast Rock ‘n’ Roll.
- My Same – Adele
- Sugar sugar – The Archies
- Stray Cat Strut – Stray Cats
My Same is a slow swing. I think these are all good songs to practice your swing.
- La Bomba – Azul Azul
- La Isla Bonita – Madonna
- My Same – Adele
- I’ve got the world on a string – Michael Bublé
- LOVE – Michael Bublé
My same is a good swing and foxtrot, these songs are good happy Foxtrots!
- At This Moment – Michael Buble
- Be Good (Lion’s song) – Gregory Porter
- Gravity – John Mayer
Ben found Lion’s song. It’s a good song for timing, but it is very long long also.
- Por Una Cabanaz – Carlos Gardel
- To Tango Tis Nefelis – Haris Alexiou
- Poema – Francisco Canario
I like the instruments and the singing in these songs
- Runaway – The Corrs
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dols
- Dive – Ed Sheeran
These songs are good for practice, but look out for the change in Iris’s beat after 2:20 until 3:20.
- Sing, Sing, Sing – Benny Goodman
- In The Mood – Quickstep version – Tony Burgos Orchestra
- Five Foot Two Eyes of Blue – Tony Evans
This music always played when I was younger and learning QS so it has familiar fond memories for me.
Now here is the playlist!